|S/NO||COURSE TITLE||TRAINING MODULES||DATE||FEE|
QUALITY CONTROL & ASSURANCE IN REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURES
• An Overview of the Importance of Quality Control in Reinforced Concrete
• Materials & Code Provisions for Quality in Concrete
• Simple Tests to Monitor Quality of Concrete
• Concrete Mix Design; Ready Mix Concrete and Quality Control in Reinforced Concrete
• Strength Tests; Destructive & Non Destructive for Hardened Concrete
15th – 16th February, 2018
EFFECTIVE SITE SUPERVISION & MONITORING FOR ENGINEERSAND BUILDING SUPERVISORS – MODULE 1
• The need for effective Supervision - Types of Supervision, Charging for Supervision works, Site Meetings - Expectations from the Structural Engineer,Site Inspection& Writing of Site instruction
• What the Structural Engineer should request from the Contractor - Test results on reinforcements, Cube test result on Structural element, Concrete mix design result, Results of tests on materials and Interpretation of test results
• Supervision of Foundation works - what the Structural Engineer should look out for during construction, Basement construction and ground floor,Raft slab construction and Ground beams
• Columns, Beams, Suspended floor-Solid, Ribbed Slab etc.Staircases and Retaining Wall
• Importance of cover to the integrity of structural elements, Reading, understanding and execution of structural drawings on site, Anchorages – Cantilevers, Formworks stability
• Ethics in Structural Engineering Practice
22nd – 23rd
DETAILING, BENDING &FIXING OF REINFORCEMENT
• Detailing of Foundations, Walls, Columns, Beams
• Detailing of Cantilever, Slabs, Staircases, Corbels, Half Joints and Nils
• Site Visit: Construction Site.
• Bending - General organization, Equipment for bending and fixing, Bending reinforcement, dimensions, marking for cutting, marking for bending and Hints on bending
• Fixing the Reinforcement - Organizing the work, Placing the reinforcement, Maintaining correct cover, Junctions
19th – 20th April, 2018
STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF BUILDINGS – MODULE 1
|Course Content |
• Analysis of Structure
• Slab Design – Cantilever, Simply Supported, Continuous, Two-way Slab
• Beam Design - Simply Supported Beam, Doubly Reinforced Beam, Continuous Beam
• Column Design - Axially Loaded, Columns
Subjected to Moments and Axial load
• Foundation Design - Strip Foundations, Wide Strip Foundations, Pad Foundations
|24th – 25th |
|5.||STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF BUILDINGS – MODULE 2||Course Content|
• Loading and Analysis
• Slab Design - Self Supporting Slabs, Waffle Slab, Flat Slab
• Staircase Design - Straight Flight, Half-turn Flight,Quarter-Turn Flight, Spiral Stairs
• Column Design - Slender Column
• Foundation Design - Raft Foundations, Pile Foundations, and Pad Foundations.
14th – 15th
|6.||DESIGN OF MEDIUM RISE BUILDINGS||Course Content|
• Structural Arrangement of Medium Rise Buildings.
• Analysis of wind load on Medium Rise buildings.
• Design of Shear walls and other Structural Elements.
|19th – 20th |
INTRODUCTION TO BRIDGE DESIGN
|Course Content |
• Introduction & Conceptual Bridge Design Consideration - Introduction, General Planning and Design Considerations, Choice of Bridge Site, Hydraulic Considerations, Factors affecting Design
• Bridge Superstructure (Deck Structural Forms, Behaviour & Idealization) - Introduction, Deck General Considerations, Deck Structural Forms, Load Distribution Behaviour and Idealisation
• Bridge Deck Loading & Analysis – Introduction, Highway definitions, Application of loads, Bridge deck analysis
• Tutorial Demonstration
|23rd – 24th |
STRUCTURAL STEELWORK DESIGN MODULE 1
|• Introduction to Steel Design.|
• Design of Portal frames for Warehouses.
• Design of Space Trusses.
|12th – 13th |