Welcome to The Nigerian Institute of Structural Engineers
Please click on the links below to view the requirements for each of the categories and apply accordingly
Application Requirements & Guidelines
- Candidates must hold the West African or the Senior Secondary School Certificates, with a minimum of five and any other subject
- Such a Candidate must be studying an Engineering Course, leading to a qualification, acceptable to the Council for exemption from Parts 1 and 2 Examinations of the Institution
- Or candidates must have passed the Part 1 Examination of the Institution or hold a qualification
- Candidates must have successfully completed a regular course in Structural or Civil Engineering(with Structural bias) approved by the Council of the Institution
- Such a candidate must have either obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree (B.Sc) or Higher National Diploma(HND) in Structural Engineering from any recognised Institution accredited by National Universities Commission(NUC).
Candidate must have a minimum of Two(2) years Post-degree practical experience in Structural/Civil Engineering
- Candidates over Forty-Five(45) years of age can apply for Corporate Membership via Matured Route
- Before being elected Corporate Member, a Candidate must not be less than Twenty-Five(25) years old.
- He must have satisfied the Council of the Institution in the following:
- Obtained the Bachelor of Science Degree or Higher National Diploma in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering(with Structural Bias) from any Council/NUC recognized institution
- In addition, must have passed the Part III Examination of the Institution
- Or if Candidate holds a Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering, he must have passed the following Examinations:
- The Graduateship Examination of the Nigerian Society of Engineers(Structural Option).
- Structural Engineering Design and Practice- Part III Examination of the Institution.
- A Post-Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering(Structural Option) from a University Accredited by NUC
© 2014 The Nigerian Institution of Structural Engineers. All rights reserved